Monday, March 30, 2015

16%

i checked my fundraising amount today for my trip to Lativa in just two short months. i'm 16 percent of the way there. and that might not seem like a lot to someone who has 84 percent to go, but my heart is simply rejoicing.

i forget so often how easy it is for the Lord to reveal to us how big He is and how much He wants to bless us.

my heart has been going through a lot the past three weeks. a lot of things that i hid very far away in my heart were brought to light. a lot of emotions i haven't wanted to deal with were made very real. and a lot of doubting and uncertainty has been going through my mind. a lot of tangible things were overwhelming me, one of them being fundraising.

please, don't think all that is a bad thing. don't think i'm not doing well because of that. because through those things i was able to lay them down at the foot of the cross and ask the lord to help me. i leaned into Him. i searched the bible and found promises God made to His people that I can claim today. promises that allow me to see His great power and His gentle spirit.

and this 16 percent in my fundraising is one way that He is taking care of me. it's a very, very simple way for Jesus to remind me that He is in control and He really does want to bless me.

he tells us "I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." (isaiah 45 : 2 - 3)

in the midst of dealing with all of these things the past three weeks, i've been praying these verses. that all the things i can't handle and don't know how to deal with will be leveled, like mountains and Jesus will go before me.

he's leveling this mountain of fundraising through people like you, and i'm giving many thanks for you all today. thank you for walking through life with me. thank you for supporting me. thank you for helping me get to 16 percent.



(if you want to know how to help support me through prayer or financially, email me at ca.mcqueeney@gmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady!! Email me at ejoyalways@gmail.com - I would love to hear more about your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete